Announcements By Month
Northwest Arkansas Christian Home Educators Association
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s NWACHEA Science and Education Fair on Friday, March 22nd. We had a fantastic group with lots of interesting projects. All of the participants deserve recognition for their hard word and creativity. Winners for each grade level, and the student’s project name, are listed below.
1. Isaac Snyder – Trash Trucks.
2. Caroline Kelley – Boat Float.
3. Madden Fields – Shapes Around My Neighborhood.
4. Breece Miller – Roly Polies.
1. Sophie Hyatt – What Birds Visit the Most?
2. Caden Kelley – Bubble Shapes.
3. Zella Snyder – Zebras.
1. Lily Ashlock – Horses.
2. Benjamin Snyder – Our Solar System.
2. Mary Alice Hyatt – Which Birdseed?
3. Dakota Holloway – Which Ball Went the Furthest?
4. Benjamin Williams – Narnia.
5. Jude Wilburn – Magic Dissolving Starch Noodles.
1. Ginger Ann Melton – Corn Snake.
2. Brenlee Fields – Taste Perception.
1. Wade Reed – Polymers.
2. Marni Snyder – How Birds Fly.
3. Rebecca Martin – Phases of the Moon.
4. Silas Wood – Will the Quake Make its Shake?
5. Aidan Ashlock – Joshua Chamberlain.
Jenna Miller – The Water Cycle.
Jonathan Holmes-Smith – Gyroscope.
Kanyon Edens – Rockin Rocks.
1. Corban Williams – Shadow Warrior.
2. Noah Calhoun – Mysterious Magnetism.
3. Reagan Tipton – How to Make the Best Cookie.
4. Hollis Miller – Facts on Fire.
Jordan Harr – Crayfish.
5. Hadassah Collins – Do You Need Texture?
1. Caleb Keen – Do You Know the Symptoms?
2. Olivia Fair – Lemons to the Rescue.
Faith Reed – The Egg-Cellent Egg.
3. Jennifer Hendrix – Prohibition.
4. Calvin Snyder – Simple Machines.
1. Zachariah Collins – N/A
2. Chandler Gross – Shine on a Dime.
1. Joshua Martin- Basic Electronics.
2. Warner Fields- The History of Gaming.
3. Savannah Edens- Choose Life.
4. Heidi Hendrix- Volleyball.
5. Jessica Johnson- A Spider Choir.
1. Hayley Calhoun – Let Me Ask You, “What is YOUR Favorite Hue?”
Rachel Martin – Levers.
2. Haley Tipton – Does Music Affect Concentration?
3. Justin Homes-Smith – Ground Effects.
4. Nicodemus Collins – Many Infinites.
5. Seth Hampton – Hero or Villain?
1. Grace Butcher – Matter, Dark Energy.
2. Benjamin Johnson – Survival.
3. Sarah Hampton – Star Wars.
Mark your calendars for this year’s NWACHEA used book sale, which will be held on Saturday, June 8th. Drop-off for books will be on the afternoon of Friday, June 7th, and any unsold books will need to be picked up at the end of the sale. Watch for more details to come!
This is a final reminder for those who wish to participate in this year’s NWACHEA Science & Education Fair on Friday, March 22nd, from 1 – 4 p.m. This year’s science fair will be held in the sanctuary of Grace Church of NWA in Fayetteville (where the Fayetteville co-op currently meets). Judging will begin at 1:00, so exhibitors may begin setting up their displays around 12:30. There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place ribbons awarded for each grade, preK-12th.
Please e-mail Amy Calhoun to register, and be sure to include each child’s full name and grade. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP is March 8th with NO exceptions, as ribbons must be purchased and other preparations made in advance.
All home educated students in the area are invited to participate in the fair. Registration is free to NWACHEA members. For non-members, there is a non-refundable $5 entry fee (per student). Please note: if you are not a member but would like to participate in the fair, Amy Calhoun must RECEIVE your family’s entry fees no later than the sign-up deadline, March 8th.
Please be sure to review the Science & Education Fair guidelines before your child begins work on an entry.
Please contact Amy Calhoun with questions, or to register any child(ren) who would like to participate in the fair.