Northwest Arkansas Christian Home Educators Association
Philosophy & Purpose
Northwest Arkansas Christian Home Educators Association (NWACHEA) exists to provide encouragement, support, and information for parents who choose to educate their children at home.
- We believe that children belong to God, who has given the responsibility and authority for their education to their parents, and that it is the parents’ responsibility to protect this parental right.
- We believe that the family is the basic governmental, social and spiritual unit created by God. In it, the child gradually learns self-government, social relationships, and develops a relationship to the Creator and Savior (Ephesians 6:1-3; Colossians 3:20).
- We believe that all education is religious in nature, since one’s view of the world and life inevitably is involved in teaching (Proverbs 2:1-8; 3:1-2; 6:20-23; Matthew 28:18-20); that every discipline of knowledge (whether it be a subject such as mathematics, science or history) will have as its final reference point a theistic or humanistic view of reality (Colossians 1:15-20; 2:8-15) and that there are not neutral academic disciplines.
- We believe the Word of God teaches that every person can accept Christ as their personal Savior and that once anyone becomes a member of God’s family, it is their responsibility to grow in Christ and develop Christ-centered families.
The main purpose of NWACHEA is to encourage and stimulate parents to create an environment in which learning is a lifestyle. (Proverbs 27:17)
- We desire that participation in the NWACHEA sponsored events will facilitate parents who desire to teach their children high standards of character, achievement, and education.
- NWACHEA members who serve as volunteer leaders are required to adhere to NWACHEA’s Statement of Faith, Constitution, and By-Laws.
- Volunteer leaders who exemplify godly character and who have a desire to share their gifts and talents lead these events.
- It is the responsibility of each member to stay informed of the activities and schedule of NWACHEA events.
Membership in NWACHEA does not require adherence to any religion or creed.
- Members who do not attend a Bible-believing church or adhere to the NWACHEA Statement of Faith may participate in our events.
- They may NOT lead an event (see Philosophy statement on education).